Peace


Today started out just right. With the first look out my window in the morning, I knew it was going to be a great day. The sky was bluer than ever and the sun illuminated the clouds. I started off with a good breakfast followed by some relaxation before our first day of class of British Literature. The class started at 10:30 so after I had the whole day a head of me. I decided to take a strole threw town and make my way over to this little park that over looks the bay. So I packed up my sketch book and pencil as well as a copy of Yeats's Early Poems and headed out. When I reached the spot, the sun was high up in the sky shining down onto the water making ever ripple glimmer as it moved by. I found a bench, sat down and started sketching the boats on the bay and just some other buildings in the background. Everything was so peaceful as I set there trying to capture the scenery with my pencil. This was nearly impossible. After some time, I decided to head over to the other park closer to the middle of town. I found a nice spot under a tree next to one of the bridges and I began to read some of Yeats's poetry. I have a hard time sometimes interpreting literature but just being out in the open Irish air made it much more enjoyable. His first set of poems seemed to start off quite unhappy. There was obviously a lot of sorrow and burnded on those whom Yeats was writing about. I also seemed to sense a man verses nature theme. As I flipped through the book, I came to a section about the rose. I really enjoyed the first poem of the series titled, To The Rose upon the Rood of Time. I felt it captured the ancient Irish tradition of telling stories and their pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment